Friday, September 25, 2009

We go together

Driving to Rochester from Philly for the reunion. Thinking about living in Boise for 10 years and being jealous of my friends who would run into people from high school. I felt they had some sense of security and that I was missing out on to be with "their own people". I look forward to feeling at home with you all, just for one night.

We are all different. We might have different values or disagree about politics or God. We might totally annoy eachother. But inside each of you lies a piece of my history and a sense of home, whether I like it or not. I am one of you, and we are all apart of a unique experience, time and place. To some degree, you made me who I am -- good or bad.. And I'm grateful.

We might not keep in touch after the reunion, or maybe we will rediscover friends old and new. But either way, I'll treasure you forever. You're my people...and I can't wait to come home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn60NIh2NGU&feature=youtube_gdata

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really really bummed that I will miss the reunion...I have really enjoyed reconnecting with people on FB...and, well, missing the reunion simply sucks.
Please give everyone my best and tell people to FB friend me if they want to reconnect.
have a GREAT TIME!!! ~ Kathy MacDonald

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I Love you Syl! Tears of laughter have filled my eyes and for once I think to myself, "I thought I was the only one who asked 12 people to PROM!!!" I just love you, plain and simple!

~Kristin Harrell