Saturday, September 12, 2009

Still on the fence?

Many are finally succumbing to my incessant nagging about buying reunion tickets, and I thank you. But some are still on the fence. Perhaps you're one of those fence sitters. But I want you to know that I truly think this 20-year reunion is going to be magical. I'm kind of like the gals in Romy and Michelle's High School reunion. Remember that movie? Like them, I was oblivious enough about the reality of high school to think that those were the best days of my life and that somehow I'm so different and so much cooler now. Eh-hem, maybe not.

You're probably thinking..."Why on God's green Earth would I want to put myself back in a "high school" situation with those people? (I admit, I have a bit of dread myself.) But seriously folks, we are all grown up now. And as I have reconnected with old friends on Facebook and also with classmates I didn't really know in high school, I realize how wonderful some of us have turned out to be. Don't you agree?

Did you know that Harold Greeney is coming? The dude lives and works in the jungle of Ecuador and some of Rochester-ites are still wondering if they should make the effort to be there. Laura Kray is on faculty at Berkeley in California, and she's making the trip. Jeff Zinn is fancy design guy living in New York and he's showing up. I'm driving 10 hours from Philadelphia. Don't you know we need you too? (...especially my old friends....no offense to everyone else....giggle)

The party really can't start with out you...each one of you....right? I mean, really...could it ever?

Although I might not be able to recreate all the good times I had with my girls in high school, I know there will be dancing...and laughing, and I might make new friends with my old friends, if that makes sense. Or, if nothing else, I will have made a valiant effort. All I can say is, be there, or be square.

Alrighty....three blog posts down, 18 more to go, and in less than 13 days. I LOVE deadlines!

No comments: