Monday, September 14, 2009

The Time of My Life

Wow, first Michael Jackson and now Patrick Swayze. You know you're old when your teen idols pass away.

I think it was junior year when "Dirty Dancing" came out. I saw the movie, but I was never as into it as some people seemed to be. What I remember most about that movie is the torture I endured because of it. Here's what I mean: My name is Sylvia, see. And every single day, at least once a day from the time that movie was released, someone in the hallways between classes would call out to me. "Oh, Sylvia!" and I would obligatorily answer back..."Yes, Mickey"...and then I was expected to complete the lyrics to "Love is Strange" (click the link to see the clip) for the next year and of half of my life.

On a brighter, less annoying, side there was another song "The Time of My Life" (click the link to see the video) that came from that movie that my gal pals and I, especially Tammy Ferguson, would sing to each other at the top of our lungs. And it was true: high school and being with my friends was great...and we did have the time of our lives. Of course, the years go by and get better with age. Still, I love looking back to my high school days when we were young and free.

I know at our reunion...we'll have the time of our lives again. You'll see! We hope to see you there. (The Pay Pal button to buy your tickets online is still up and running. No official extension is being announced, but I encourage you to take advantage of the savings you'll get by purchasing your tickets online!)

No comments: