Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Forever young? Maybe not

Well...the reunion is just days away and I've finally decided I might try to lose 20 pounds, maybe 30, in a hurry. In fact, I'm already grateful we might have a 25th reunion, so that maybe I can redeem myself as a fabulous 40-something next time. Can you relate? Or, maybe you're bald and you're on the phone with Hair Club for an emergency transplant. Is this your situation? Are you still trying to decide if you want to come to the reunion because you're worried about unveiling the new you, 20 years older?

The last time we saw each other, we were 17-18, firm and invincible. It's true, there are some of us who might look better now than we ever have, while others might not be feeling so hot. But seriously, does it really matter? Aren't we all in the same boat?

"Forever Young" was our class song... And in our hearts, we'll always be forever young. But time has passed, we've all been through some things and it's OK. Don't let the fear of how the years have treated you keep you from giving us the gift of you, your light and your life. You might be thinking..."I've lived the last 20 years without them. Why do I need them now?" You could be right. But how will you ever know if you stay hidden away? We all have something to offer each other and something to gain. Be there!

No comments: